Don’t worry, I don’t mean my marriage. Haha that is going incredibly strong and well and we are loving every moment of married life. What I’m talking about is the fact that I can’t believe the wedding is over. 9 months of preparation, stress and tears and it’s all done. No more calls to vendors, no more unwanted opinions, no more uncomfortable money talk with the parents. Wow, we can breathe a sigh of relief.
Some people told me that we would miss it, it’d feel like a void because in those 9 months leading up to the wedding, every spare moment and thought was spent on wedding planning. I don’t miss it at all! I feel so liberated to not have to plan a wedding anymore, but I am more than happy and excited to attend future ones. I don’t miss it for a few reason:
- Every decision we made had some emotional attachment with it. It wasn’t ours, but either our parents, grandparents, or friends and we felt that with each decision we were going to hurt some people but also please some others. Although we got most of what we wanted, it was difficult getting there. There were rounds of negotiations, some compromising, and a few tears.
- We have spare time again! We can just relax and enjoy our new apartment, go bike the seawall, grocery shop, and cook dinner. We kept saying during the planning process that we couldn’t remember what we used to do when we weren’t planning a wedding. We remember now!
- We can focus on our jobs again. We actually like our jobs and being in crazy wedding planning mode took away from our productivity and our ability to enjoy work. Now I’m ready to go full speed ahead with Granola Girl and Fusion Kitchen. Be ready for some good things to come.
What I do miss about wedding planning are:
- Getting to go on Pinterest and still consider myself productive. But actually, I manage the Pinterest page for Granola Girl so technically it’s still productive!
- Spending time with my mom talking flowers and even bickering over small things. This doesn’t exactly pertain to wedding planning, but it’s the fact that I’m moved out now and don’t see my mom and dad everyday, and I kind of miss them.
But what I’m looking forward to now is getting our place all prepped and ready for housewarming parties! Notice the plural? I say that because our apartment isn’t massive and it’d be a lot easier to have house warming parties in instalments.
Until the next post, have a great week!